Want to contact MRM? Click here
Mormonism Research Ministry is a missionary/apologetics organization that was organized in 1979 to propagate the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to critically evaluate the differences between Mormonism and biblical Christianity.
Our purpose is to:
- provide factual material in printed and electronic form. This includes our bi-monthly newsletter Mormonism Researched, website, books, tracts, and tapes.
- take the gospel directly to the Mormon people by conducting outreaches at Mormon events such as temple openings and pageants.
- provide individual counseling with those who are questioning their Mormon faith, as well as help those who need information to share their faith with those in Mormonism.
- educate the Body of Christ by speaking in churches, Bible colleges, seminaries, and conferences. We desire to serve all Christians who honor the fundamental tenets of the Christian faith as revealed in the Bible.
We at Mormonism Research Ministry resolve to accomplish the above in a manner that honors the Lord Jesus Christ. Our goal is not just to give compelling arguments that show Mormonism to be in error, but to be used by the Holy Spirit to see lives changed for God’s glory.
Where do we stand?
We at Mormonism Research Ministry are committed to the following biblical truths:
- The sixty-six books of both the Old and New Testaments comprise the inspired Word of God and are without error in the original writings. The Bible is God’s complete written revelation for the salvation of man and is the final authority regarding Christian life and faith.
- There is one uncreated eternal God, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Isa. 43:10; John 1:1; Acts 5:4; Eph. 4:6). These three are not merely one in purpose, but are also one in essence.
- Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh (1 Tim. 3:16), was born of a virgin (Matt. 1:23), led a sinless life (Heb. 4:15), atoned for sin by His death on the cross (Rom. 5:10-11; 1 Cor. 15:3; 1 Pet. 2:24) and rose again bodily on the third day (1 Cor. 15:1-3). Because He ever lives, He alone is our High Priest and advocate (Heb. 7:28).
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, regenerates, indwells, guides, and instructs, as well as empowers the believer for Godly living and service (Acts 13:2; Rom. 8:16; 1 Cor.2:10; 3:16; 2 Pet.1:20, 21). The Holy Spirit will never contradict what God the Father has already revealed.
- All mankind is sinful by nature (Romans 3:23; Eph. 2:1-3; 1 John 1:8,10). This condition makes it impossible to earn his exaltation through good works. Good works however, are a by-product of saving faith, not a pre-requisite to be saved (Ephesians 2:8-10; James 2:14-20).
- Mankind is saved by grace through faith alone in Jesus Christ (John 6:47; Gal.2:16; Eph. 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Believers are justified by His shed blood and shall be saved from wrath through Him (John 3:36; 1 John 1:9).
- Christ’s Church is not an organization, but rather a body of believers who have recognized their lost state and placed their trust in the redeeming work of Christ for their salvation (Eph. 2:19-22).
- Jesus Christ will return again for His own (1 Thess. 4:16). All true believers will reign with Him throughout eternity (2 Tim. 2:12). He will be our God, we will be His people (2 Cor. 6:16).
- There will be a bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust; the just to everlasting life, the unjust to everlasting damnation (John 5:25-29; 1 Cor. 15:42; Rev. 20:11-15).
In addition, we agree with this statement of faith.
- Want new content sent to your door? Sign up for our free newsletter.
- Want to partner with our ministry? Learn how you can support us.
- Want to educate your people? Invite Bill to speak at your church.
- When and where will Bill be speaking? See our calendar.
- Want to e-mail us? Our address is conta[email protected]mrm.org.
- Want to hear in 13 minutes what MRM is all about? Click here.
Who are we?
Bill McKeever founded Mormonism Research Ministry in 1979 with the hope of informing the Body of Christ about the differences between Mormonism and Christianity. He has also made an effort to reach out the many individuals who are members of the LDS Church, desiring to show them in gentleness and respect the truth about God’s Word. His writings include In Their own Words: A Collection of Mormon Quotations (Morris Publishing, 2010), Answering Mormons’ Questions: Ready Responses for Inquiring Latter-day Saints (co-authored with Eric Johnson, Kregel, 2013), and Mormonism 101: Examining the Religion of the Latter-day Saints (Baker, 2015). In addition, Bill serves as the editor of Mormonism Researched, a bi-monthly publication distributed free through Mormonism Research Ministry. He is the host of the daily radio program Viewpoint on Mormonism and has been a featured guest on many Christian and secular talk shows throughout the country. His expertise on the history and doctrines of Mormonism has allowed him to be invited to speak at numerous churches, conferences, Bible colleges, and seminaries in the United States and abroad. Bill lives in the Salt Lake City area with his wife Tamar (Tammy). They have three grown children, Kristen, Kendra, and Jamin—all of whom are married—along with eight grandchildren. Read his testimony here. Watch his testimony and his explanation of how he got into Christian ministry here.
Tammy McKeever serves as MRM’s office manager and is considered the glue that keeps MRM together. Her behind the scenes organizational skills are a huge asset to ensure that this ministry runs smoothly.
Eric Johnson has been a student of Mormonism since 1987 when he served with Youth with a Mission at a summer Utah outreach. Eric graduated from San Diego State University (1985, BA in Journalism) as well as at Bethel Seminary San Diego (1991, Master’s of Divinity). Eric cohosts the daily radio program Viewpoint on Mormonism and writes for MRM’s Mormonism Researched newsletter as well as occasionally contributes to the blog Mormon Coffee. He is the co-author of Answering Mormons’ Questions: Ready Responses for Inquiring Latter-day Saints (Kregel, 2013) and Mormonism 101: Examining the Religion of the Latter-day Saints (Baker Book, 2015). Eric served as an associate editor for the Apologetics Study Bible for Students (B&H, 2010) and is a regular contributor to the Christian Research Journal. Eric taught high school Bible classes for 17 years (1993-2010) at Christian High School (El Cajon, CA) and 8 years as an adjunct English professor at Grossmont College (El Cajon,CA); in addition, he instructed two different seminary classes at Bethel Seminary San Diego. Eric is married to Terri; together they have three daughters: Carissa, Janelle, and Hannah and reside in the Salt Lake City area. Watch his testimony here.
Randy and Carol Sweet
Randy and Carol Sweet have been long-time students of Mormonism. Randy has been involved in witnessing outreaches at Manti, Utah since 1989 and has participated at several LDS temple openings. Randy has an incredible gift of communicating with the Mormon people and his knowledge of Mormonism has allowed him to speak in several churches on the subject. Both Randy and his wife Carol served on the staff with Campus Crusade. Carol oversees MRM’s prayer ministry, interceding on behalf of those who contact MRM. They currently live in the the state of New Jersey and have two grown children, Stacie and Nathan. Watch Randy’s testimony here. Watch Carol’s testimony here.
Sharon Lindbloom has loved and served the Lord Jesus Christ since 1979. Though never a Mormon, Sharon’s interest in Mormonism — and her great love for the Mormon people — began in 1987 when a family member started investigating The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This led Sharon to study Mormonism through reading the Mormon scriptures as well as the writings of LDS prophets and apostles. Sharon’s research led her to become the director of a Minnesota-based outreach ministry to Mormons. She served in this capacity for 18 years before joining the staff of Mormonism Research Ministry as the moderator of MRM’s blogsite, Mormon Coffee. In 2016 MRM traded Mormon Coffee for Sharon’s regular website feature, Mormonism in the News. She continues to serve prayerfully with MRM as a full-time volunteer lay-apologist. Sharon and her husband, Bruce, live in the Minneapolis area. They have been blessed with two daughters, Allison and Dana, and five grandchildren.
Aaron Shafovaloff became a student of Mormonism in 1998, when he was introduced to the religion by neighbors. His life was forever changed when he discovered Romans 4:5, “And to the one who does not work but trusts him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness.” He joyfully looks back at his conversion in contrast to the “impossible gospel” set forth in the Miracle of Forgiveness and the “after all we can do” (2 Nephi 25:23) requirement that he could never live up to. Aaron was a contributor to Mormon Coffee and is a regular street evangelist. Aaron and his wife Stacie live in South Jordan, UT. Together they have a son and two daughters.
MRM is a member of Evangelical Ministries to New Religions.