A blog article written by a Utah Mormon titled “The Alarming Truth Behind Anti-Mormonism” received plenty of attention on social media. Unfortunately, the article is filled with too many assertions and too little evidence. MRM’s Sharon Lindbloom explains why. Click here.
Quotes that didn’t make the cut in the Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley church manual
In the last manual dedicated to deceased LDS presidents, this one on sixteenth President Gordon B. Hinckley includes some of his famous quotes but missed some others. What were they? Check it out here.
Although many Mormons today shy away from Matthew 5:48–once considered the Evangelical Christian’s “John 3:16”–it is understood by most LDS laypeople that God demands much more than just “our best” or “trying hard.” What exactly does this verse mean? This article was printed in a recent issue of the Christian Research Journal. Click here.
Have you ever wondered what are the most popular articles at MRM.org? Covering a six-month period of time, we have done some research and perhaps the results will surprise you. Check out the articles with the links as well listen to the three-part Viewpoint on Mormonism podcast on the topic that aired November 9-11, 2016. Click here.
Mention the Council of Nicaea in public and you are bound to get a number of negative responses from Mormons. Do skeptics have reason to doubt the results of the Council of Nicaea? Or is there more to the story than most critics guess? Christians who want to share their faith on the Trinity and Godhead need to understand what took place almost 17 centuries ago in a small city in modern-day Turkey called Nicaea. To see the article and listen to the 5-part Viewpoint on Mormonism podcast on this topic with Bill and Eric, click here.
While there are no perfect churches, it’s commanded in the Bible for Christians to be in felllowship with other believers. Since 2012, MRM has recommended churches throughout the state of Utah. Our list has just been updated, offering good Bible-believing fellowship choices for wherever you live in Utah. We’ve catalogued these by county locations. If you need a church home, check it out! And if you know a good Utah church not on our list, tell us at [email protected] To see 150 church names, go here.
To that question, we believe that accepting the Trinity is a cornerstone of the biblical Christian church. Unfortunately, Mormonism’s leaders have not only denied this belief but even mocked it. So just what is the Trinity? Is the teaching even understandable? Check out our new page that offers articles, YouTube videos, blogs, and podcasts. If the Trinity is true, it needs to be defended by the Christian who has questioning friends and neighbors. Click here to see what’s available.
In an attempt to deal with several vital historical issues propagated by the LDS Church throughout the years, the Mormon Church has been producing essays since late 2013 under its “Gospel Topics” section of its lds.org website, attempting to reconcile the facts with what had been taught by earlier leaders and church manuals. To see these links to the LDS Church website along with MRM’s responses, click here.
- Monday, January 16: By Study and By Faith (Ballard’s article in Dec. 2016 Ensign) Part 1
- Tuesday, January 17: By Study and By Faith (Ballard’s article in Dec. 2016 Ensign) Part 2
- Wednesday, January 18: By Study and By Faith (Ballard’s article in Dec. 2016 Ensign) Part 3
- Thursday, January 19: By Study and By Faith (Ballard’s article in Dec. 2016 Ensign) Part 4
- Friday, January 20: By Study and By Faith (Ballard’s article in Dec. 2016 Ensign) Part 5
- Monday, January 9: Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley Part 1
- Tuesday, January 10: Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley Part 2
- Wednesday, January 11: Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley Part 3
- Thursday, January 12: Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley Part 4
- Friday, January 13: Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley Part 5