- Acts 1 and the 12 Apostles
- Calling the Apostle John
- Surviving Apostles
- The Great Apostasy
- Review of Chapter 1 (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley, “The Restoration of the Gospel: The Dawning of a Brighter Day”)
- Early Varieties of Christianity (Blog/Video)
The First Vision
- Do the First Vision Accounts Coincide?
- First Vision: Fact or Fiction?
- Which First Vision Account Should we Believe?
- The First Vision’s Slow Entrance
- The First Vision Account: Response to the LDS.org Essay
- Review: The First Vision: Key to Truth?
- The Importance of Joseph Smith’s First Vision (Blog)
Joseph Smith (Click)
- The Transfiguration of Brigham Young: Mormon Folklore?
- Brigham Young’s Rise to Power
- Adam-God: Theory or Doctrine?
- The Faith of Brigham Young (quotes)
- Brigham Young’s 1852 Speech on Slavery
- Bruce McConkie vs. Brigham Young (Blog)
- Brigham Young’s test of a prophet (Blog)
- A History Tour of Brigham Young’s Beehive House (Blog)
- Brigham Young’s King of Kings (Blog)
- Demise of the LDS Church in Kirtland
- Priesthood restored or retrofit?
- An American Garden of Eden
- Elijah Abel controversy
- Missouri debacle of the 1830s
- When the Constitution Hangs by a Thread: The White Horse prophecy
- Were Mormons poisoned at the Liberty Jail?
- Josiah Qunicy’s Visit to Nauvoo
- Haun’s Mill Massacre (Blog)
- Martin Harris: A Sincere Book of Mormon Witness (Blog)
- The ‘Lectures on Faith’: A Case Study in Decanonization (offsite)
- The Church History Museum: A Tour with MRM
- Peace and Violence Among 19th Century Latter-day Saints: Response to a Gospel Topics essay
- Moon men and Sun men
- Aliens: LDS leaders say we’re not alone
- Journal of Discourses: Opinion or Truth?
- Journal of Discourses Gems
- Blood atonement
- How many Mormons died due to persecution?
- Were Mormons ever expelled from the United States?
- Miracle of the Seagulls
- Was Violence in early Mormonism Unjust?
- Mountain Meadows Massacre
- In the Line of Duty: The Mountain Meadow’s Massacre
- An Account of the Mountain Meadows Massacre as Described by John D. Lee (from Lee’s autobiography)
- Our Father Adam, by Charles Penrose (original document)
- Early Mormonism in Missouri (Blog)
- Nauvoo’s Bloody Autumn of 1845 (Blog)
- Sexual Morality in Old Mormon Navuoo (Blog)
- Should LDS art coincide with the facts?
- The Danger of Historical Apathy
- Bruce McConkie: Respected Authority or Theological Hack?
- Ezra Taft Benson’s Fourteen Fundamentals (actual talk)
- Going after Historical Issues (Blog)
- The Delicate Balance of Mormon Church History (Blog)
Blacks and the Priesthood (Click)
View photographs of gravesites of LDS leaders, movers and shakers, along with short stories about each (In progress)
- Mountain Meadows Massacre 160th Anniversary September 11, 2017 (Article)
- Dr. Daniel Peterson and the First Vision Part 1 Part 2 Mary 31-June 1, 2017
- The Council of Nicaea Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 October 31-Nov. 4, 2016 (Article)
- Work of the Founding Fathers Part 1 Part 2 August 11-12, 2016
- FAIR’s Eastern New York Revivals August 1, 2016
- A Remodel of the LDS Church History Museum Oct.19-21, 2015 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- LDS Historical Museum to Close September 29, 2014
- Brigham Young’s Transfiguration September 8-9, 2014 Part 1 Part 2
- Deaths on the Trek West August 18, 2014
- Haun Mill Anniversary October 30, 2013 (Article 1) (Blog 1)
- Willie and Martin Handcart Tragedy Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 January 14-18, 2013 (Blog) (Correction)
- Adam-Ondi-Ahman (Missouri) December 31, 2012 (Article)
- Mountain Meadows Part 1 Part 2 September 10-11, 2012 (Article)
- Blood Atonement Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 September 4-7, 2012 (Article)
- Constitution: Hanging by a Thread Part 1 Part 2 October 17, 2012 (Article)
- Great Apostasy Part 1 Part 2 August 27-28, 2012 (Article)
- Is this the Place? July 24, 2012
- Pioneer Day Contradictions July 23, 2012 (Blog)
- Sidney Rigdon’s July 4th Oration July 4, 2012 (Oration)
- America’s First 9-11 (Mountain Meadows) Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 September 12-14, 2011 (Article)
- Josiah Quincy August 9, 2011 (Article)
- Praising Joseph the Seer, July 29, 2015
- Was Joseph Smith a Braggart? Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 September 30-October 2, 2014 (Blog)
- First Vision Accounts (Gospel Topics Essay) Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 June 2-13, 2014 (Article 1) (Article 2) (Article 3)
- The First Vision and the Resurrection (Rob Bowman) April 22, 2014 (Article 1) (Article 2) (Article 3)
- First Vision November 23, 2011 (Article 1) (Article 2) (Article 3)
- What if Thomas S. Monson were more like Joseph Smith? December 9, 2011 (Series of articles)
- The 1820 Revival November 22, 2011 (Article 1)