- Acts 1 and the 12 Apostles
- Calling the Apostle John
- Surviving Apostles
- The Great Apostasy
- Early Varieties of Christianity (Blog/Video)
The First Vision
- The First Vision Account: Response to the LDS.org Essay
- First Vision: Fact or Fiction?
- Which First Vision Account Should we Believe?
- The First Vision’s Slow Entrance
- The Importance of Joseph Smith’s First Vision (Blog)
- The Faith of Brigham Young
- Brigham Young’s Rise to Power
- Adam-God: Theory or Doctrine?
- Brigham Young’s 1852 Speech on Slavery
- Bruce McConkie vs. Brigham Young (Blog)
- Brigham Young’s test of a prophet (Blog)
- A History Tour of Brigham Young’s Beehive House (Blog)
- Brigham Young’s King of Kings (Blog)
- The Transfiguration of Brigham Young (Blog)
- Demise of the LDS Church in Kirtland
- Priesthood restored or retrofit?
- An American Garden of Eden
- Elijah Abel controversy
- Missouri debacle of the 1830s
- When the Constitution Hangs by a Thread: The White Horse prophecy
- Were Mormons poisoned at the Liberty Jail?
- Josiah Qunicy’s Visit to Nauvoo
- Haun’s Mill Massacre (Blog)
- Martin Harris: A Sincere Book of Mormon Witness (Blog)
- The ‘Lectures on Faith’: A Case Study in Decanonization (offsite)
- Moon men and Sun men
- Aliens: LDS leaders say we’re not alone
- Journal of Discourses: Opinion or Truth?
- Journal of Discourses Gems
- Blood atonement
- How many Mormons died due to persecution?
- Were Mormons ever expelled from the United States?
- Miracle of the Seagulls
- Was Violence in early Mormonism Unjust?
- Mountain Meadows Massacre
- In the Line of Duty: The Mountain Meadow’s Massacre
- An Account of the Mountain Meadows Massacre as Described by John D. Lee (from Lee’s autobiography)
- Our Father Adam, by Charles Penrose (original document)
- Should LDS art coincide with the facts?
- The Danger of Historical Apathy
- Bruce McConkie: Respected Authority or Theological Hack?
- Ezra Taft Benson’s Fourteen Fundamentals (actual talk)
- Going after Historical Issues (Blog)
- The Delicate Balance of Mormon Church History
View photographs of gravesites of LDS leaders, movers and shakers, along with short stories about each (In progress)
- LDS Historical Museum to Close September 29, 2014
- Brigham Young’s Transfiguration September 8-9, 2014 Part 1 Part 2
- Deaths on the Trek West August 18, 2014
- Haun Mill Anniversary October 30, 2013 (Article 1) (Blog 1)
- Willie and Martin Handcart Tragedy Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 January 14-18, 2013 (Blog) (Correction)
- Adam-Ondi-Ahman (Missouri) December 31, 2012 (Article)
- Mountain Meadows Part 1 Part 2 September 10-11, 2012 (Article)
- Is this the Place? July 24, 2012
- Pioneer Day Contradictions July 23, 2012 (Blog)
- Sidney Rigdon’s July 4th Oration July 4, 2012 (Oration)
- America’s First 9-11 (Mountain Meadows) Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 September 12-14, 2011 (Article)
- Josiah Quincy August 9, 2011 (Article)
- Praising Joseph the Seer, July 29, 2015
- Was Joseph Smith a Braggart? Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 September 30-October 2, 2014 (Blog)
- First Vision Accounts (Gospel Topics Essay) Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 June 2-13, 2014 (Article 1) (Article 2) (Article 3)
- The First Vision and the Resurrection (Rob Bowman) April 22, 2014 (Article 1) (Article 2) (Article 3)
- First Vision November 23, 2011 (Article 1) (Article 2) (Article 3)
- What if Thomas S. Monson were more like Joseph Smith? December 9, 2011 (Series of articles)
- The 1820 Revival November 22, 2011 (Article 1)