Videos from the Holy Land
- A series of 26 episodes from the February 2013 Turkey/Israel trip led by MRM
- A series of 16 episodes from the February 2015 Israel trip led by MRM–these videos feature archaeologist/filmmaker Joel Kramer
- MRM Promo Video: (11:33) This video, which was produced in 2009, explains a little more about our objectives at Mormonism Research Ministry. This is a great video to show a pastor who wants to learn more about what we do.
- Jesus Christ / Joseph Smith (1:20.17): A comparison documentary between Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith.
- The Bible vs. The Book of Mormon (1:06.32): A comparison documentary between the Bible and the Book of Mormon.
- DNA vs. The Book of Mormon (49:25): Does genetics support the idea of the Book of Mormon story?
- The Lost Book of Abraham (56:31): Is the Book of Abraham, supposedly translated from Egyptian papyrus by Joseph Smith, a work recognized by Egytologists today?
- Lifting the Veil of Polygamy (1:22.42): Polygamy is not just an ancient doctrine that doesn’t have implications for people who live in this system today.
- Unveiling Grace (55:31): The story of the Adam’s Road band is told in a documentary.
- James White speaks with Mormon Alma Allred on the topic “Is the Jesus of Mormonism the Jesus of the Bible? (7/2016) (1 hour 41 min)
- Bill McKeever speaks on Glenn Beck “Born Again” LDS Evangelical Leader (74:00)
- Approaching the Book of Mormon with a Healthy Skepticism (1:18.39): Bill McKeever explains why the Book of Mormon is not all that the Mormon missionaries tout it to be.
- Is it Time to Embrace the LDS Church as Christian? (49:32): Some would like to call Mormonism Christian based on “changes” that have taken place, but is this an accurage assessment?
- Mormon and Christian Academic Dialogue (1:13.26): Bill McKeever gives a talk at the EMNR conference in Denver on April 12, 2013 on the topic of recent dialogues between Mormon and Christian scholars.
- Why Mormons Leave by Sandra Tanner (1:18.06): Sandra Tanner (Utah Lighthouse Ministry) gives reasons why Mormons leave the Mormon Church.
- Ex-Mormon Files (Episode 124) (28:34): Bill McKeever is interviewed by Earl Erskine
- Joseph Smith vs. Muhammad (1:00): Doris Hanson (What Love is This?) interviews Eric Johnson on similarities between the Mormon founder and Islam’s Muhammad. Aired on January 9th, 2014 on Channel 20-Utah.
- The Prophecies of Warren Jeffs (1:00): Doris Hanson (What Love is This?) interviews Eric Johnson about the book of prophecies dictated by “Jesus” to Warren Jeffs, the president of the FLDS church. Aired on January 16th, 2014 on Channel 20-Utah.
- The Prophecies of Warren Jeffs Part 2 (1:00): A follow-up show on February 27, 2014, dealing specifically with Jeffs and the story of Helen Mar Kimball.
- Joseph Smith and the Golden Plates (1:00): Doris Hanson (What Love is This?) interviews Bill McKeever about the weight of the gold plates. Aired on February 14, 2013 on Channel 20-Utah.
- The Untold Story of Joseph Smith’s Death (1:00): Doris Hanson (What Love is This?) interviews Bill McKeever about the “marytrdom” of the LDS Church founder. Aired on February 2, 2012 on Channel 20-Utah.
- Answering Mormons’ Questions (1:00): Doris Hanson (What Love is This?) interviews Bill McKeever about the 2013 book Answering Mormons’ Question, co-authored by Eric Johnson. Aired on July 11, 2013 on Channel 20-Utah.
- Joseph Smith’s Vision Accounts (1:00) Part 1 Part 2 Doris Hanson (What Love is This?) interviews Bill McKeever about the different versions that are given regarding the LDS founder’s vision of God the Father and Jesus. Aired on May 12 and 19, 2011. Part 1
- Bill McKeever Interview (1:00): Doris Hanson (What Love is This?) interviews Bill McKeever. Aired on Feb. 12, 2009 on Channel 20-Utah.
- Contending for the Faith (1:00): Doris Hanson (What Love is This?) interviews Bill McKeever on issues related to contending for the faith (Jude 3). Aired on July 23 and August 9, 2009 on Channel 20-Utah. Part 1 Part 2
- Polygamy and the Blacks (1:00): Doris Hanson (What Love is This?) interviews Bill McKeever on a variety of issues related to polygamy and the blacks. Aired on November 19, 2009 on Channel 20-Utah.
- Bill McKeever’s first appearance on What Love is This (1:00): Doris Hanson interviews Bill McKeever on a variety of topics. Aired on September 4, 2008 on Channel 20-Utah.
- NEW! Has the Bible been changed? (5:34) It has been commonly assumed that the Bible has been changed so many times that it can’t be trusted? True? Or not?
- Christians, Don’t Misuse Revelation 22:18 (1:42): Bill McKeever says that Christians misue Revelation 22:18 when they try to say the Book of Mormon is false.
Book of Abraham
- Examining Facsimile One from the Book of Abraham (5:59): Bill McKeever gives details about a section of the Book of Abraham found in the Pearl of Great Price.
Book of Mormon
- Bill McKeever and a 5-minute condensced version of the Gold Plates: (5:21) This video was put onto the same DVD as “Why We Come to Pageant” and was intended to show Bill’s presentation that has been a staple of Manti evangelism for more than a decade. (Originally aired June 2014)
- Can you lift the plates? (6:23) The reactions of Mormons who attempt to lift the “gold” plates owned by Bill McKeever before a June 2014 Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti.
- The Book of Mormon Translation. (11:21) At the June 2014 Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti Chip Thompson engages passersby with the plates being “translated” by “Joseph Smith” in the foreground.
- The Book of Mormon Translation. (18:39) Shane Jones from Ephraim, UT has a pleasant conversation with a Latter-day Saint on the topic of how Joseph Smith “translated” the gold plates. (From the 2014 Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti)
- A Seer Stone and a Hat: “Translating the Book of Mormon (9:59): Bill McKeever details how exactly the Book of Mormon was translated.
- DNA, Geography and the Book of Mormon (25:13): Bill McKeever shows how science is not a friend to the Book of Mormon story.
- How Heavy Were Joseph Smith’s Golden Plates (4:46): Bill McKeever explains in a conference talk how the Book of Mormon, if made of gold plates, would have weighed around 200 pounds.
- How Heavy Were the Gold Plates (Part 1) (14:43): Bill McKeever talks to a man on the streets of Manti in 2011 as he discusses why the Book of Mormon plates were too heavy to carry.
- Scoffers and Mockers (How Heavy Were the Gold Plates? Part 2) (11:23): Bill McKeever deals with several mockers and scoffers during the 2011 Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti, UT.
- What about the Book of Mormon Witnesses and the Gold Plates (8:01): Bill McKeever answers questions about the gold plates in relationship with the witnesses. Filmed in 2011 at the Mormon Miracle Pageant.
- Using the Book of Mormon in Evangelism to Mormons (5:14): Bill McKeever explains the power of an apologetic that utilizes unique LDS scriptures.
- Bill McKeever in Manti in 2012 (12:42): Bill McKeever shares some facts about the Gold Plates with a group of boys until Papa Bear comes to the rescue.
- NEW! Credit for Trying (9:17) Eric Johnson respond’s to Jeffrey R. Holland’s talk at the April 2016 General Conference where he said Mormons get “credit for trying” to keep God’s commandments.
- NEW! Is Baptism required for Eternal Life? (3:16) Many think baptism is a requirement for eternal life. Is it?
- NEW! Mormon Misconceptions: The Trinity (2:16) What do Mormons think about the Trinity? How is that different from what the doctrine really teaches?
- NEW! Why is the Trinity so confusing? (2:34) Description as to why the doctrine of the Trinity is incomprehensible.
- NEW! Can our works save us? (2:07) A desciption about works and its role in salvation.
- NEW! Do we still need prophets? (5:05) Mormonism says prophets are still needed, yet are they?
- NEW! Can we trust our feelings to know what is true? (5:02) Everyone has feelings, but can they be trusted to determine truth?
- NEW! What does it mean to be a child of God? (3:55) Mormonism teaches that all people are children of God. But is that really true?
- Are there second chances after death? (5:54) According to Mormonism, work for the dead can be performed in this life to help those already deceased. Is this taught by the LDS Standard Works.
- What’s so amazing about LDS grace? (16:35) Before a June 2014 Mormon Miracle Pageant performance in June 2014, Bill McKeever talks about the issue of grace in Mormonism with a group of LDS teens. Kudos to them for not running away. First aired April 2015.
- Is Forgiveness Likely According to the LDS Standard Works? (3:45) In a less-than-4-minute video, Carissa Johnson shares seven verses a Mormon should consider regarding the issue of forgiveness in Mormonism. First aired April 2015.
- Policy or Doctrine: The Mormon Ban on Blacks Before 1978 (Part 1) (7:40): A drama showing how the ban on blacks was a definite part of Mormon doctrine.
- Was the Mormon Ban on Blacks Holding the Priesthod Before 1978 Folklore? (Part 2) (10:24): A follow-up drama showing how the ban on blacks was a definite part of Mormon doctrine.
- Bruce McConkie and Mormon Doctrine (2:57): Is Bruce McConkie out of line when he taught what he called “Mormon Doctrine”?
- BYU Professors vs. LDS Leaders: Who Has Authority to Interpret Doctrine (3:07): Bill McKeever says that general authorities, not BYU professors, are the doctrine givers for the LDS Church.
- Christianity is Objectively Dancing with Subjectivity (0:43): Bryan Hurlbutt (Lifeline Community) explains how knowledge in Mormonism is achieved through subjectivity.
- God is Not Honored by Blind Faith? (1:33): Bryan Hurlbutt (Lifeline Community) suggests that blind faith is not what God requires for a Christian.
- Mormons, Relationships, and Sensitivity (1:16): Bill McKeever explains how Mormons will often pull back when improper tactics are used, so sensitivity is necessary.
- What about Protestantism? (0:57): Bill McKeever answers a young lady on the streets of Manti.
- The Gospel (4:15): The Christian gospel in four minutes!
- Why We Come to Pageant: This 22-minute video was produced specifically for the residents in Manti and Ephraim, distributed during the June 2014 Mormon Miracle Pageant. The goal was intended to let the people of these towns know why Christians from all over the country (and even the world) came each year to Manti to share their faith. (Originally aired June 2014)
- Chip Thompson shares with teens at 2014 Manti (53:22): Tri-Grace Ministries’ Chip Thompson has an extended conversation with teens at the Mormon Miracle Pageant. He uses several issues. See how he does it.
- A Polite Discussion on the Streets of Manti (15:45): What a kind and gentle conversation on the streets of Manti looks like. (Originally aired May 2014)
- Keith Walker Speaks to a Mormon gentleman before the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti, UT (June 2014) (34:40)
- Manti: Why Would Anyone Go? (14:10): Interviews with Christians on why they go to Manti every June to share the Christian faith.
- Witnessing at the 2014 Holi Color Festival in Utah (5:00). As you can see, Mormons are not the only ones with whom we share our faith. This took place at a Hare Krishna festival where thousands of Utahans celebrate a holiday with definite pagan origins. (Originally aired March 2014)
- Welcome to My World: Less than a minute long, this video features Bill McKeever dealing with a difficult Latter-day Saint. (Originally aired May 2014)
- Bill McKeever’s Polite Discussion on the Streets of Manti (15:33): This conversation took place in June 2013 at the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti, UT.
- Basics on Witnessing to Mormons (Part 1) (40:11): Eric Johnson speaks in 2011 in Ephraim, UT.
- Basics on Witnessing to Mormons (Part 2) (43:05): Bill McKeever speaks in 2011 in Ephraim, UT.
- Even you can Witness to Mormons (1:25.12): Aaron Shafovaloff gives tips on how to be successful in witnessing to Latter-day Saints.
- Evangelical Promoting a Book Sold by LDS Bookstore (4:16): Randy Sweet uses a Christian book sold by Deseret Books as an evangelism tool.
- NEW! How many gods are there? (3:19) Christianity worships one God. Is Mormonism monotheistic in this way?
- NEW! Does God have a body? (4:15). Mormonism teaches that God has a body of flesh and bones, which contradicts biblical teaching.
- Matt Slick and Bill McKeever speak on the Trinity (4:48). During our 2013 trip to Turkey, Matt Slick (CARM.ORG) and MRM’s Bill McKeever stood at the foundation of Constantine’s palace in Nicaea and spoke about the important decision made in AD 325 that determined that Jesus was both God and man.
- Cory Anderson speaks on the Trinity (21:32). During our 2013 trip to Turkey, we had a chance to hear devotionals at important sites. Here Cory Anderson gives a great summary on this important topic.
- Debate with a Mormon Apologist at General Conference (Did God perhaps sin?) (45:19): Aaron Shafovaloff talks to Robert Vukich, an LDS apologist.
- From All Eternity to All Eternity, but Not? (Joseph Smith Contradicts Himself) (2:35): Bill McKeever shows the difference in Joseph Smith’s God versus what is taught in the Bible.
- God Never Sinned (17:03): Aaron Shafovaloff interviews Mormons on the street, asking if they think that Elohim sinned before he became the God of this world.
- Hoomousios in Conversations Between Mormons and Christians (1:12): Ron Huggins (Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) gives an explanation of the Greek word hoomousios in connection with God.
- Mormonism Has a Tribal Deity (5:56): Ron Huggins (Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) speaks on the topic of the deity in Mormonism.
- Aaron Shafovaloff in Manti (13:24): Sharing about God on the streets of Manti in 2012.
- NEW! What does the Bible say about false prophets? (5:37): The Bible has something to say when it comes to false teachers.
- Joseph Smith as a Passport into God’s Presence (0:52): Bill McKeever explains how Joseph Smith is vital for Latter-day Saints.
- NEW! Why is Joseph Smith’s Polygamy such a big deal? (6:03): It might seem like a minor issue, but Joseph Smith’s polygamy shows how he cannot be trusted.
- Joseph Smith as a Sexual Predator (5:41): Sandra Tanner talks frankly about Joseph Smith’s escapades.
- MRM’s portrayal of the 34 wives of Joseph Smith. (8:50) Before a June 2015 Mormon Miracle Pageant, we wanted pageant-goers to understand what faces behind the names of girls and women who married Joseph Smith look like. First aired June 2015.
- The Stories of the Wives of Joseph Smith (41:09): Many people may be surprised to learn that Joseph Smith had 33 wives, including 10 (or 11) who were married to other men and 11 who were teenagers.
- The Thirty Plus Wives of Joseph Smith (4:11): A list of the women whom Joseph Smith married.
- The Thirty Four Wives of Joseph Smith (56:54): Chip Thompson (Tri-Grace Ministries) talks about the many wives of Joseph Smith at the 2011 Capstone Conference.
- The Untold Story of the Death of Joseph Smith (25:54): Bill McKeever talks about the true events surrounding the death (what Mormons call the “martyrdom”) of Joseph Smith.
Stories of Joseph Smith’s Wives (actresses playing wives of Joseph Smith)__________________
- Story of Louisa Beamon, Joseph Smith’s 4th Wife (1:22)
- Story of Sylvia Sessions Lyon, Joseph Smith’s 8th Wife (1:12)
- Story of Mary Rollins Lightner, Joseph Smith’s 9th Wife (0:51)
- Story of Patty Bartlett Sessions, Joseph Smith’s 10th Wife (1:13)
- Story of Marinda Johnson Hyde, Joseph Smith’s 11th Wife (1:03)
- Story of Elizabeth Davis Durfee, Joseph Smith’s 12th Wife (2:12)
- Story of Sarah Kingsley Cleveland, Joseph Smith’s 13th Wife (1:35)
- Story of Eliza R. Snow, Joseph Smith’s 15th Wife (1:34)
- Story of Sarah Ann Whitney, Joseph Smith’s 16th Wife (0:59)
- Story of Martha McBride Knight, Joseph Smith;s 17th Wife (0:51)
- Story of the Partridge sisters, Joseph’s Smith 20th and 21st Wives (1:49)
- Story of Lucy Walker, Joseph Smith’s 23rd Wife (1:54)
Should A Christian Date a Mormon (3 parts): Join Carissa Johnson as she considers whether or not Christians have freedom to date Mormons
- Part 1: Is Mormonism the Same as Christianity? (4:21)
- Part 2: Is it OK for a Mormon and a Christian to Date? (5:51)
- Part 3: The Experts Speak (8:53)
- The Bad Shepherd (5:04): Aaron Shafovaloff deals with the topic of truth on the streets of Manti in 2012.
- Don’t Stereotype Mormons (1:16): Bill McKeever says that you should ask questions to Mormons and assume nothing.
- The Magician and the Rabbit (14:29): Aaron Shafovaloff deals with atheism on the streets of Manti before the Mormon Miracle Pageant in 2011.
- Should Christians Vote for Mormon Candidates (6:42): Bill McKeever considers whether or not Christians ought to vote for LDS candidates.
- What if Latter-day Saints Called Themselves Mormon? (2:53): Bill McKeever shows why Mormons should not insist on being called “Christian” if the term has a historical meaning much different than what Mormons would like to give it.
Temple Ceremonies (off-site, not MRM’s)
- Are Mormon Temples biblical? (5:37) The holiest structure in Mormonism, and yet it isn’t even biblical
- Behind the Veil (7:44): A video by “NewNameNoah” depicting the LDS temple ceremony.
- Mormon Temple Endownment Ceremony (film version) (1:18.48): The entire LDS temple ceremony, as filmed by “NewNameNoah.”
- Mormon Temple Endowment Ceremony (Salt Lake City liver version) (1:35.41): The entire LDS temple ceremony, as filmed by “NewNameNoah.”
- Mormon Temple Inside the Prayer Circle (Multiple Hidden Cameras) (5:58): The prayer circle inside the Mormon temple, as filed by “NewNameNoah.”
- Sandra Tanner on Mormon Temples (part 1) (1:14.05): Sandra Tanner explains what takes place inside Mormon temples.
- Sandra Tanner on Mormon Temples (part 2) (57:57): Sandra Tanner continues her explanation of the Mormon temple.
- Sandra Tanner on Mormon Temples (part 3) (51:08): Sandra Tanner concludes her explanation ofhte Mormon temple.
- Are all denominations divided? (1:41) Many may wonder if the Christian churches are on the same page. As a matter of fact, they are.
- Bill McKeever Interviewed by Doug Barton. (10:54) MRM’s Bill McKeever dialogues with a Utah radio-station owner about whether or not Christians should share their faith on public streets. First aired June 2015.
- Bill McKeever’s Visit to the Salt Lake Cemetery: (17:20) In the fall of 2014, Bill McKeever took three dozen adults on a tour of this cemetery to visit the markers of folks named Smith, Woodruff, Monson, and Grant. Come along for the ride. First aired April 2015.
- Jim Harmston: Polygamous Leader and Fraud. (3:18) The founder to the “TLC” polygamous church in Manti, UT died in 2013. Eric Johnson tells more of the story from his gravesite in Manti. First aired April 2015
- MRM’s 35th anniversary: A Look Back. (Originally aired March 2014) (12:54)
- Paul Carden’s address at MRM’s 35th anniversary dessert (26:52): A long-time friend of MRM shares from his heart why ministries such as MRM are needed . (Originally aired April 2014)
- Q&A The New Organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (52:25): A splinter group from the former Reorganized Church based in Independence, MO (now the Church of Christ) explains some of its unique doctrines.
- Pentagram on Mormon/LDS Church History Museum Building (0:41): The pentagram on an LDS building.
- “Prophet” Christopher Nemelka Headstone Dedicated (Part 1) (10:00): A headstone for Nemelka, a living “prophet” who is supposedlythe second coming of Hyrum Smith, is dedicated at the Salt Lake Cemetery on June 16, 2010.
- “Prophet” Christopher Nemelka Headstone Dedicated (Part 2) (10:00): Nemelka gives a talk in a nearby church after a headstone is dedicated to him in the Salt Lake Cemetery.