Mormonism Research Ministry is currently raising funds to open a facility in the Salt Lake valley that will house a Christian bookstore (focusing on books related to Mormonism and also resources with a Christian apologetics theme), an LDS research library (where people can do research), a Bible/Mormon museum, and a classroom for teaching missions teams coming to Salt Lake City. (For more what we hope to do, please click here.) Please help us make this a reality.
Listen to 5 Viewpoint on Mormonism podcasts/radio shows that aired during the week of May 1st as Bill and Eric describe their dream and what they hope to accomplish during these next months of fundraising for a building.
- Monday, May 1, 2023: Bookstore Museum Update Part 1
- Tuesday, May 2, 2023: Bookstore Museum Update Part 2
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023: Bookstore Museum Update Part 3
- Thursday, May 4, 2023: Bookstore Museum Update Part 4
- Friday, May 5, 2023: Bookstore Museum Update Part 5
10 Questions Answered
- What is the purpose of this property? Answer: Click here.
- Where will this property be located? Answer: The property has not yet been found. We would like it to be In the southern part of the Salt Lake valley, hopefully within 5-7 minutes of the I-15.
- How can I get on the special group email list to keep updated on this project? Answer: Email Eric Johnson ([email protected]) and put “bookstore” in the memo line. You will be updated with the latest information on our progress. We thank you for your prayers.
- When will this facility open? Answer: We are currently doing a capital campaign. Once we see how much funding we have, we hope to secure the right place for us to make this place “home.”
- Are you accepting donations now? Answer: Yes, we are asking for your donations now so we can know what we have to work with. If you wait until after we find a property, we won’t know how much we have to work with.
- What if I live outside Utah? Why should I give to this project? Answer: This facility will be midway between Salt Lake City and Provo, UT (where church-owned Brigham Young University is located). It will be strategically located where the majority of Mormons live in the state of Utah (within an hour’s drive). It is a missionary endeavor as we continue to do our work in the heart of where the LDS religious leaders operate. We believe it will have an impact.
- If I donate to this project, is it tax-deductible? Answer: Yes, we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. You will receive a receipt for your donation. 100% of all funds go to getting the property.
- I understand you have a $100,000 grant that doubles my donation. Is that true? Answer: Yes, anything you give will be doubled dollar for dollar through August 2023.
- I also understand that I can get a page of the 1630 edition copy of the King James Bible. How do I get that? Answer: There are three plateaus. For a gift of $300 to $599, we will send you an original page from the Old Testament. For a gift of $600-$999, you can request a page from the Old Testament (no title page). For a gift of $1000, you can request a page from either the Old or New Testament; for increments of additional $1,000, you get additional pages. To see which pages are no longer available, please click mrm.org/1630-Bible
- How do I donate to this project? Answer: Great question. You can either:
- Mail a check to Mormonism Research Ministry PO Box 1746 Draper, UT 84020-1746
2. Visit mrm.org/donate to use a credit card.
- Put “Bookstore” on the check or on the credit card note
- Make sure we have your address/email/phone
- If you want to select a leaf from our Bible (for gifts of $600 or more), write down the top 3 passages you’d like (again, you can see what is available at mrm.org/1630-Bible)
Remember, 100% of all donations for this project go toward securing a property. And all money up to $100,000 is being doubled thanks to a generous donation from a supporter.
For more details about our ideas for this bookstore/LDS library/Bible museum/classroom, please click here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.