Prophets (Presidents) in Alphabetical Order (alphabetical by last name)
- Joseph Smith (1805-1844), Nauvoo, IL: (Combined Joseph, Emma, and Hyrum) and marker. QUOTE: “We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see. These are incomprehensible ideas to some, but they are simple. It is the first principle of the Gospel to know for a certainty the Character of God, and to know that we may converse with him as one man converses with another, and that he was once a man like us; yea, that God the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ himself did, and I will show it from the Bible” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp.345-346).
- Brigham Young (1801-1877): Salt Lake City (140 E. First Avenue): Marker and sideview. QUOTE: “Now hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint and sinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make and organize this world. He is MICHAEL, the Archangel, the ANCIENT OF DAYS! about whom holy men have written and spoken–HE is our FATHER and our GOD, and the only God with whom WE have to do” (April 9, 1852, Journal of Discourses 1:50).
- John Taylor (1808-1887): Salt Lake City Cemetery (200 N. St.): Memorial, memorial 2, and family marker. QUOTE: “And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham’s wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it pass through the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have a representation upon the earth as well as God” ( August 28th, 1881, Journal of Discourses 22:304).
- Wilford Woodruff (1807-1898): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Memorial and wives.
- Lorenzo Snow (1814-1901): Brigham City Cemetery (300 E. 300 S.): Marker, memorial, with Descripiton 1, Description 2, Description 3, Description 4.
- Joseph F. Smith (1838-1918): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Gravestone (with wife Julina) and wives Mary Taylor Schwartz and Alice Ann Kimball, wife Edna Lambson.
- Heber J. Grant (1856-1945): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Marker and memorial.
- George Albert Smith (1870-1951): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Marker, Side marker and memorial.
- David O. McKay (1873-1970): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Marker and memorial.
- Joseph Fielding Smith (1876-1972): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Gravestone .
- Harold B. Lee (1899-1973): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Gravestone and marker.
- Spencer W. Kimball: (1895-1985) Salt Lake City Cemetery: Gravestone.
- Ezra Taft Benson (1899-1994): Whitney Cemetery (Preston, Idaho–1400 East Rd): Gravestone and Gravetone 2, Back.
- Howard W. Hunter (1907-1995): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Gravestone 1 and Gravestone 2 .
- Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Marker and Gravestone.
- Thomas S. Monson (1927-): Salt Lake City Cemetery: Marker and wife.
To see grave sites of Apostles of the LDS Church, click here.
To see other grave sites of important members of the LDS Church, click here.